Saturday, 21 June 2008

Mei Keng Fatt's food in Kuala Lumpur


Mei Keng Fatt's seafood restaurant in Kuala Lumpur is my favourite Chinese restaurant in Asia. Over 30 years I have trawled Chinese restaurants in Singapore, Saigon, Bangkok,Kathmandu, Jakarta, Hong Kong, Manila, Dhakha, Calcutta, Bombay, Delhi, Lahore, Colombo, Almaty, Samarkand, Dharamsala, Peshawar any many other cities. i first came here in 1983 and have become a regular.

Outside Fatt's restaurant

Everytime I come to Kuala Lumpur I come with friends and enjoy the amazing array of seafood and tasty vegetarian dishes at Mei Keng Fatt. Last Friday night I had a gastromical feast in this humble eatery with no front wall or door, just exposed to the street. I took Naila and my boys along with my good friend Stefan Kuhne Hellmessen.

Naila,Mahdi and Stefan

The most outstanding was a plate of succulent oysters and Australian lobster, washed down with Tiger beer, and the spinach soup which was delicious.

Ablai right watching as I get stuck into the lobster.

I can strongly recommend Fatt's food house to any one coming this way.


Spicey Crab dish at Mei King Fatt's seafood restaurant.



Below are a few photos of our trip in Kuala Lumpur. It was a great weekend.

I am now in Bangkok for regional meetings so will check the Thai and Chinese food out here.



Ablai flying in a KLM Boeing 747 from Jakarta to KL.



The twin towers in Kuala Lumpur

10 comments:

Marja said...

I spent 2 days in Kuala Lumpur when I was young but we just ate from the stalls. We had a great time there. This food looks yum
My fouvourite food is what they serve in Holland in the Indonesian restaurants; Rice table with lots of different dishes.
What a cute kid. So you have still littlies.

Bob McKerrow said...

Thanks for your comments. I received the beautiful bone carving key ring yesterday so many, many thanks.

Yes I have two boys.

take care.

Bob

www.guipuzcoa-3d.com said...

Oh my god, there's a lot of worthwhile info here!

Anonymous said...

I am very happy to read this article..thanks for giving us this useful information. anti viral Read a useful article about tramadol tramadol

Anonymous said...

My point of view partially coincided with yours. Thank you for trying. antidepressants Read a useful article about tramadol tramadol

Anonymous said...

Hey just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren't loading properly. I'm not sure why but I think its a
linking issue. I've tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same results.

My page :: cheap legal highs

Anonymous said...

Excellent beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your
web site, how can i subscribe for a weblog web site? The account helped me
a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit familiar of this your broadcast
provided brilliant transparent idea

Stop by my blog post; cheap legal Highs

oakleyses said...

tory burch outlet, tiffany and co jewelry, coach outlet store online, polo ralph lauren outlet, chanel handbags, true religion outlet, ray ban outlet, red bottom shoes, burberry outlet online, prada outlet, kate spade outlet online, nike free, polo ralph lauren, christian louboutin shoes, nike air max, christian louboutin outlet, coach outlet, louis vuitton outlet online, burberry outlet online, true religion, nike shoes, longchamp handbags, coach purses, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, oakley vault, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton outlet, nike air max, prada handbags, coach outlet, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet online, gucci handbags, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, jordan shoes, michael kors outlet store, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton handbags, cheap oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin, longchamp outlet online, michael kors outlet online

oakleyses said...

chaussure louboutin, ralph lauren pas cher, nike free pas cher, burberry pas cher, guess pas cher, ray ban pas cher, converse pas cher, barbour, true religion outlet, tn pas cher, air max pas cher, sac louis vuitton, longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton pas cher, nike blazer pas cher, vans pas cher, nike roshe, nike air max, abercrombie and fitch, air jordan, nike free, louis vuitton uk, scarpe hogan, michael kors uk, mulberry, true religion jeans, nike air force, sac vanessa bruno, oakley pas cher, air max, nike roshe run, new balance pas cher, longchamp, north face, ralph lauren, lacoste pas cher, nike air max, hollister, ray ban uk, hermes pas cher, hollister, lululemon, michael kors canada, timberland, sac michael kors, louis vuitton, north face pas cher

oakleyses said...

canada goose outlet, asics shoes, giuseppe zanotti, soccer jerseys, soccer shoes, birkin bag, uggs outlet, bottega veneta, wedding dresses, reebok shoes, north face jackets, mcm handbags, ugg boots, babyliss pro, marc jacobs outlet, vans outlet, lululemon outlet, mac cosmetics, canada goose, herve leger, nike trainers, north face outlet, roshe run, beats headphones, longchamp, instyler ionic styler, valentino shoes, ugg soldes, insanity workout, p90x workout, ugg, jimmy choo shoes, canada goose outlet, abercrombie and fitch, nike huarache, ferragamo shoes, nfl jerseys, ghd, new balance outlet, chi flat iron, rolex watches, celine handbags, mont blanc pens, ugg outlet, hollister, uggs on sale